Grn Egz & Ham

Monday, June 12, 2006

Trip to the Rio Grande Zoo

Yesterday, Sergio, David and I went to the Rio Grande Zoo. It was a very hot, very sunny NM day, but we needed to get out and move a bit. It was a lot of fun!
David and I rode a 15 year old camel named Missy. She was very obliging, although uncomfortable. Don't think I'll be going across the Sahara anytime soon...
Sergio spent most of the day filming animals, like the one stalking me below.

But I did get to take a couple pictures of him!
Two Schwartzes and two elephants...
Our escape vehicle (I'm talking on the phone making plans to go swimming at my old apartments where my friend Kat still lives. An aside -- David found a cat there that looked so much like Albus that I almost took it home, but then realized that it had claws and Albus was declawed... So sad :( But we had fun swimming and bbqing. )

The trip ended with David's documentary filming of Narco, the most psychotic jeep on the planet. We're lucky to have made it home!

5 Comments:

  • hey! i went to the zoo yesterday TOO!!!! :D

    of course, it was a completely different zoo way across the ocean, but still...

    i'll try calling soon... the phones are finally working and my cold is finally disappearing (poco a poco)...

    i love you!

    congrats on the job! :D

    By Blogger carolina, at 6:14 AM  

  • Hi Sam!
    These are such cool pics! You look great, by the way, and you look very happy! : )
    Congratulations on getting the job! Yay!
    Well, I'm glad to know my plants are still alive and happy!
    I'll be home in two weeks.
    big hugs,
    aria

    By Blogger Sasha McKinney, at 9:45 AM  

  • Glad to see you're finally getting a vacation after job hunting! Thanks for posting such great pics.

    Love, Mommy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

  • Hola Samalamb! Great to see you so happy and having a great time!

    Love,

    Bumpa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 AM  

  • in the photos with your hair pulled back it almost looks like you shaved it again! Brought back memories ...
    oh, and how come my blog isn't on your links? I'm not cool enough?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home