Grn Egz & Ham

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My commute


One of my favorite parts about living in Albuquerque is my commute. I live about 17 miles from my school -- Duranes Elementary -- but occasionally, I park my car near the Rio Grande, and ride my bike 8 miles down the "Levee Trail" -- otherwise known as the bike path by the ditch. The path goes between the Rio Grande and the ditch... It is so lovely. There are birds and rabbits and cottonwood trees, horses and goats and llamas. No traffic, no stop signs, barely any people, a view of the Sandia Mountains and the mansions/ranches of Los Ranchos de Albuquerque. Nothing as fancy as a ditch-side/corral-side pool :). And I am riding right down the middle of the city, but you'd never know it!

(As I prepare to move away from Albuquerque, I am going to feature its charms so that maybe one of you readers will move here because it is so wonderful!)

1 Comments:

  • this is so gorgeous! Now I am even sorrier that I didn't manage to visit you while you were living there. It's all Matt's fault for going to Atlanta.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home