Grn Egz & Ham

Monday, August 03, 2009

Day 32 - A taxi drive around Mexico and back home to Englewood

Finally, it was time to go home to Denver. Sergio and David took one last trip to the roof. Luckily, I called the front desk to find out what time it was since the clock I was using was off. We quickly showered and rushed down to find our taxi waiting for us. We had the same driver who had brought us from the airport, so he kindly gave us an extra tour on the way to the airport - the Zocalo, where the Palacio Nacional is, and to the National Cathedral.

When we got to the airport, getting in was about 200% easier than getting out, so we had plenty of time to walk around. Look who Sergio found! Juan Luis Guerra! I would never have recognized him, but since Sergio had interviewed him way back when... Sergio seems to be a magnet for celebrity sightings!
We boarded our plane, got to Denver with just a little turbulence, took the bus home, and made it just before the rain. I can't believe how much we did in a month. It's still sinking in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home