Day 9 - Casa del Mundo and back to Guate, plus more Happy Birthday David!
On our last morning at Lago Atitlan, Raquel convinced us to take one last lancha ride across the lake for breakfast. I'm so glad she convinced us! She took us to Casa del Mundo, a hotel on the Santa Cruz side of the lake. Wow. All I can say is, if you come to Guatemala, you HAVE to stay there. I know that next time I'm coming, I'm going straight there.
Here we are catching the bus, I mean boat...




Our first view of Casa del Mundo:
The views from the restaurant where we had breakfast. They even had the most delicious Chai!!!




After breakfast, we explored the hotel, which is built up a cliff, so you have to be in pretty good shape to even get to your room. But the hotel has their own spring, which they run through a solar heating system for the showers.

Here we are catching the bus, I mean boat...





Our first view of Casa del Mundo:

The views from the restaurant where we had breakfast. They even had the most delicious Chai!!!




After breakfast, we explored the hotel, which is built up a cliff, so you have to be in pretty good shape to even get to your room. But the hotel has their own spring, which they run through a solar heating system for the showers.

And they have terraces built along the cliff - very Mediterranean - where you can jump off into the water, or just sunbathe. So wonderful. I wish we could have stayed longer than breakfast. Sergio and David couldn't resist the water, cold as it was!


A little sad, we headed back to Panajachel, packed our bags, had lunch with Raquel, and caught the chicken bus to Guate. Luckily, the bus was rather empty and we rode quite comfortably back into town. Neto picked us up, lent us his van (yay!), and we drove back to Carlos's house. He had gone out to buy David a birthday cake. So, we just kept celebrating!





A little sad, we headed back to Panajachel, packed our bags, had lunch with Raquel, and caught the chicken bus to Guate. Luckily, the bus was rather empty and we rode quite comfortably back into town. Neto picked us up, lent us his van (yay!), and we drove back to Carlos's house. He had gone out to buy David a birthday cake. So, we just kept celebrating!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home