Grn Egz & Ham

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 8 - Happy Birthday David and back to Panajachel

Seriously folks, can this get any better??? In the morning, we had a lovely breakfast with the hotel cat and then I sent off Sergio and David to entertain themselves in town. I figured since it was David's birthday, he should get his dad's undivided attention. They walked to town, got talked into buying yet another piece of fabric, and then talked one of the locals into giving them a ride home is his cayuco. I, quite happily, watched them walk off, and, convinced that their had to be a pool somewhere, set out to find it, and did. I read and sunbathed until Raquel showed up to take us home. She and I sat on the veranda and chatted until the boys came back. We had lunch (seriously delicious garlic shrimp...) and took the lancha back to Pana.


















When we got back to Pana, Raquel drove us up the hill to her friend's mirador. Here David, the 16 year old, is pondering the year ahead.At the mirador, we got a great view of the lake and took a million pictures. Once again, here are just a couple...That evening, we took David out for dinner and then all three crashed on a king bed together while watching some documentary on the end of the world in 2012. A cozy slumber party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home