Grn Egz & Ham

Monday, July 31, 2006

Wireless

But not in a good way... Bad news, folks. I can't find the cable to get my pictures off my camera, so no new photos for a while.

Today I had my first day of work! We're learning about our new school model -- expeditionary learning (for more info, check out www.elob.org), and so far, so good. The staff is really nice -- the blondest staff I have ever worked with. At least 75% blond, young women. So, I look like every other teacher! Poor kids. They probably have no idea who is who. And, of course, our trainers from Expeditionary Learning are blond too! And to top it off, half the staff showed up today in green khaki pants or shorts. Not me though. I wore dark blue denim. Oh ya, I am totally different.

Even though I am one of only two new teachers to the school this year, it isn't so bad. First of all, everyone is just learning about this expeditionary learning thing. Secondly, everyone had to move classrooms, so everyone is setting up their classrooms from scratch. No one is prepared for the new year. Yay!

Here's one of my student's from last year, with an excellent portrait of her blond (yellow-head) teacher:


1 Comments:

  • so when i come visit, i'll blend right in with the young blond women :) don't have any khaki shorts, though... hmm.

    missing you!!!

    By Blogger carolina, at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home